On September 14, Facebook achieved another magical milestone – one billion monthly active users – according to an announcement earlier this week by Mark Zuckerberg. That means 1 billion users check the site every month.
Some more Facebook stats to amaze:
- People have made 140 billion friend connections on Facebook.
- As it matures, Facebook users are getting younger: The median age of a user joining today is about 22, down from 23 for a user who joined at the time the site hit 500 million users.
- Facebook now also has 600 million mobile users.
Since Facebook launched, we’ve seen:
- Over 1.13 trillion likes since launch in February 2009
- 219 billion photos uploaded
- 17 billion location‐tagged posts, including check‐ins
- 62.6 million songs have been played 22 billion times ‐ that’s about 210,000 years of music