Are you failing on Facebook? Do your posts attract plenty of likes, comments and shares — or do they just sit there, covered in cyberdust?
As you’re probably aware, over the years Facebook has steadily dialed back on organic (i.e. free) reach of Facebook page posts. Nowadays, if you want to get seen by more than a few percent of your followers, you have to pay to promote your posts.
That’s not news. But there’s another BIG BAD SECRET that you might not know about: just paying to promote your Facebook posts is not enough.
Pay to promote posts that no-one wants to read — “Sale Today”, “Here’s some dull news about our company” — and, guess what, no-one will read those posts even though you’re paying to show them to your followers.
You need to promote posts that already work. Otherwise you could be just throwing your money away.
There’s a bit of a Catch-22, though. If hardly anyone sees your unpaid posts, how will you know which works and which doesn’t?
As you may or may not know, we’ve been focussed on Social Media in general, and on Facebook in particular, for the last six and a half years. We’ve been running online training courses since 2010.
Along the way, we’ve purchased or commissioned a number of software tools to enable us to dig deep into Facebook, gather data and crunch numbers.
As a result, we have tools that have allowed us to:
- build a 150,000-strong global database of Facebook pages (including more than 25,000 NZ Facebook pages)
- add thousands more in any specific category at any time
- track Facebook page performances in terms of likes and talks whenever we wish (typically weekly and monthly)
- identify the most effective Facebook pages in terms of likes, talks and overall engagement
- drill down into those pages and find their most effective posts
So, for example, if we wanted to identify the most effective types of posts in the Real Estate category, we would:
- assemble from our database all the Real Estate pages we currently monitor (several hundred)
- using our specialist Facebook search tools, gather additional NZ Facebook real estate pages (around 2300 relevant Kiwi pages at last count)
- gather additional Facebook real estate pages for major towns and cities in Australia, the UK, the US and Canada (i.e. the primary English-speaking markets)
- upload that specialist real estate database to our Facebook monitoring software to determine the most effective, most engaged Facebook pages amongst them
- select the top-performing pages and then, using another software suite, identify the most effective (in terms of likes, comments and shares) posts for those pages
- reverse-engineer the most effective posts and then recommend the strategies to follow to develop engaging content that your followers will want to share
For example (sticking with our real estate category), we’ve uncovered:
- killer wording that almost forces prospects to like and engage with your page
- a strategy that turns a dollar donation into a compelling engagement tool
- a tactic that you simply must not use — because you’re attracting totally unqualified leads
- a truly delightful content strategy that really pays off and proves the power of words
- a low-cost but dramatically effective way to use Facebook video
You could do all that too, if you had our software tools, our database, our six-and-a-half years of social media expertise and our forty-plus years of marketing experience.
Or you could opt for one of our two recommended solutions:
JOIN OUR “CREATING EFFECTIVE FACEBOOK POSTS” ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
Sign up for our “Creating Effective Facebook Posts” short course, which will take you through the twenty most effective types of Facebook posts (crammed with tons of examples). Full details of this course are here: http://socialmedia.org.nz/ecourses/how-to-create-effective-facebook-posts/
The next course starts on Wednesday 02 November, 2016, and EARLY BIRD BOOKING DEADLINE for that course (saving you $100) is WEDNESDAY 26 October, 2016.
CUSTOM ANALYSIS OF YOUR PRODUCT CATEGORY ON FACEBOOK
Alternatively, you could sign up to for our extensive analysis of your Facebook product category, out of which we will identify at least 15 content strategies for you to use to create effective and compelling posts.
During our custom analysis we will:
- assemble from our database all the pages in your category that we currently monitor
- gather as many additional Facebook pages in your category as possible, for major towns and cities in New Zealand
- gather additional Facebook category pages for major towns and cities in Australia, the UK, the US and Canada
- determine the most effective, most engaged Facebook pages in your category, based on current, real-time data
- select the top-performing pages and identify the most effective (in terms of likes, comments and shares) posts for those pages
- recommend at least 15 content strategies to follow to develop engaging content that your followers will want to share
- suggest strategies that enable you to create original compelling content that will stand out from the crowd because it is unique
As you might imagine, despite the software tools we have at our disposal, this project requires significant individual analysis and insight, which is why we’re limiting the offer to just six clients.
For this service, we could easily charge $1500 or more, and that would be a fair price for all the effort involved.
Still, since this is a new project for us, we’re looking for some social proof in the form of very satisfied customers. So we’ve decided to offer our Facebook Custom Analysis programme for just $997+GST.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL OFFER – SAVE A FURTHER $220
And yes, there is an EARLY BIRD OFFER, because we’ve found that a very effective marketing incentive to get people to TAKE ACTION: SIGN UP BY FRIDAY OCTOBER 28 and pay just $777+GST.
Here’s the link to sign up and pay via PayPal (and yes, it will automatically switch to the higher rate after Friday — OR sign you up for a waiting list once all six spots are taken): http://bit.ly/fbcustomanalysis
You’ll be taken to our PayPal payment page, where you’ll be asked to provide your name and email details and to pay for the programme.
If you would prefer to pay by bank deposit, or require an invoice, please send an email to email@example.com with your requirements.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
You’ll receive our emailed confirmation of your booking (normally fairly quickly, but please do allow up to 12 hours for us to get back to you). Then we’ll be in touch by email to gather more information from you.
PS Sure, you can pass these offers by. We just don’t want you to have any regrets if/when your Facebook posts fail.