Thinking of running a contest on Facebook? Then here are seven questions you need to consider:
- Do you know Facebook’s rules, which govern the running of competitions and sweepstakes on the site?
- Do you have the time and resources to devote to the planning, management, and engagement that will be required?
- Does your budget allow a prize(s) that will incentivize your audience to participate?
- Will this contest be a supporting tactic in a larger integrated campaign?
- Do you have clear goals for this contest?
- Do you have a third-party app provider that you can use to administer the contest?
- Do you have community guidelines in place and a moderation tool that can help you tackle not only the positive feedback you could receive on your Facebook Page, but any inappropriate or negative feedback as well?
Here’s a useful guide to Facebook Contests (free, registration required).
You’ll also find Facebook rules explained and expounded in our Facebook Kickstart programme.