So you have a few hundred (or a few thousand) followers on Facebook but now you want to know how to get to the next level and make this social sensation really work for you?
Introducing our Facebook Accelerator seven-part online course that will lead you through the steps necessary to supercharge your Facebook presence. Through this course you’ll learn:
- how to take a cold, hard look at what you’ve achieved on Facebook so far (warning, icy water and a brisk dose of reality may lie ahead!)
- how to pick yourself up, reboot your (brand) personality online and (it may be necessary!) give your Facebook outpost an urgent and extreme makeover
- the importance of Facebook’s algorithms (what?) and how it must shape your posts and comments
- why consumers really bother engaging with brands — and the Number One most important secret you need to know to connect with them effectively
- smart thinking (stolen from others’ successes!) that will help you reach out to key influencers and tap into the magic of viral
- how a blend of old media habits and new social strategies can work wonders for you
- the growing importance of social gaming — and how you can start to cash in as Facebook rolls out new tricks
- selling stuff on Facebook directly — can you do it, should you do it and how can you do it?
- why social shopping is so influential and how you can tap into this latest craze (without discounting the shirt off your back)
- going social outside Facebook – and why it matters
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Anyone who’s already developed a presence on Facebook and wants to make it grow.
COURSE CREATION AND TUTORING
This course has been created and will be tutored by Michael Carney. Michael is a veteran marketer with an insatiable passion for whatever’s new, different, exciting or interesting in the world of communications — and particularly in the social media marketing space.
LESSON ONE: AUDIT AND MAKEOVER
In this first lesson we invite you to audit your current Facebook presence. Who have you attracted so far to your Facebook page, how much are they interacting with you and what do they get to see when they arrive at your Facebook Fan Page anyway? Then we show you some of the ways that leading brands and organisations have set themselves up on Facebook and identify the key elements you’ll need to include if you want to increase your success on Facebook. You may even find yourself rethinking your current Facebook activity entirely.
LESSON TWO: ENGAGEMENT
Know anything about how Facebook decides whether or not to share your posts with the followers of your page? We examine the factors that determine exactly how visible you are on Facebook. We peek under the covers and show you exactly what you need to do to prosper — and how important it is to engage in particular ways with your fans and followers. A word of advice: don’t post anything more to Facebook until you’ve completed Lesson Two.
LESSON THREE: PLANTING VIRAL SEEDS
“Viral” is one of those magic qualities to which most marketers aspire. Alas, many are called but few are chosen. In this lesson we look at the principles behind some of the most effective viral campaigns of recent time — and show you how to harness those concepts to reach out to influencers and consumers alike. We’ll also discuss how you can (legally and legitimately!) make Other Peoples’ Content actually work for you!
LESSON FOUR: ADS AND PROMOTED POSTS
In this lesson we explore Facebook Ads and Promoted Posts. As Facebook reduces the effectiveness of your posts — reportedly as few as 6% of your page followers are now seeing your posts — you need new strategies (and judicious use of Promoted Posts) to get seen on Facebook. Time to dig deep and find out what can be done, even on small budgets.
We tackle the issue head-on and cover:
- how to learn more about your followers
- how to identify and create more shareable posts
- when and how often you should post to Facebook now
- the types of content you should bump to the top of your Facebook page
- how to improve your engagement rates without always paying
- how to crunch your numbers to see how well you’re doing
- how you can use Ads and Promoted Posts effectively
LESSON FIVE: GAMING AND CREDITS
Social Gaming is one of the hottest areas in the sociosphere. We look at how some marketers are already making use of gaming to promote their wares (both actual social gaming and gaming cues). and we deal in detail with virtual currencies and how marketers are using them to good effect on Facebook.
LESSON SIX: SOCIAL SHOPPING
There’s a whole lot more to social shopping than just offering a drop-dead, deeply discounted deal and ending up with bargain shoppers who won’t spend a penny more than their coupons allow. We take a serious look at some of the best practices in this space and identify smart ways to help your customers spend more of their hard-earned money with you. Along the way we’ll discuss pre-commerce, augmented recommendations and how to turn existing customers into advocated (without them having to do anything). And we also take a look at Facebook Apps and how they can be of use to you.
LESSON SEVEN: THE SOCIAL GRAPH
Finally, we look at the increasing number of ways that your consumers can connect with their friends outside Facebook, how you can help the process along and why it matters (hint: these days people trust their friends more than they trust you — nothing personal). Along the way, we’ll identify a few simple protocols that you (or your IT folk) can add to your own website to sharpen your social results.
This course begins on Wednesday December 3 2014.
This seven-part eCourse is available for $497 +GST. However we offer a $100 Early December 10.
Bookings are confirmed on receipt of payment, which can be by cheque, bank deposit or credit card. We can raise an invoice in advance if you need it.
To reserve your place in this course, please pay by credit card through PayPal by clicking here.
(The service provider will be shown as Netmarketing Services Limited in your transaction and on your credit card statement).
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Your booking will be confirmed by email (if you have not received a confirmation within 24 hours, feel free to email info (at) socialmedia.org.nz).
On the first day of the course you will be supplied by email with login details.