What you absolutely must know about Social Media for 2017
Social Media is constantly evolving, so if you want to keep up with what’s happening in the medium, you need to continually do your homework to stay informed.
We’ve done the hard yards for you, and put together a new course that looks at the very latest developments across the ever-expanding world of social media.
Are YOU ready to succeed with Social Media Marketing in 2017?
To succeed with Social Media, and to do so consistently, requires an effective, repeatable system that you can use time after time, post after post, to get noticed and liked and shared.
That’s why we’ve put together our latest course, SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING ESSENTIALS, a step by step guide to the main social media networks, their newest features and what you need to do to succeed in social.
Why this course? Why now?
We’ve been training Kiwi marketers in Social Media Marketing since 2010 (based on the knowledge we’ve gained over forty-something years in marketing and more than twenty years of digital marketing).
We’ve developed this new course because we see a desperate need for continuing digital education as social media continues to evolve. In fact, respondents to a subscriber survey we ran recently told us that their biggest challenge is simply keeping up with the constant changes in digital marketing.
Here’s what this new course covers:
Lesson One: Facebook
In Lesson One, we provide a simple, straightforward guide to what’s new, what’s different and what’s important on Facebook. The social giant’s teams are constantly hard at work developing and evolving their offerings. Here’s where you’ll find out what’s fresh, what’s tired and what’s expired.
In this lesson, we talk about:
- the massive impact of Facebook video and how organisations are optimising video creative for the social experience
- native advertising and its growing importance in social in a mobile, ad-blocking world
- Facebook newsfeed content streams, instant articles and branded content and their implications for marketers
- how consumers have stopped talking to each other so much on Facebook, and how the social giant is responding
- the new Facebook Marketplace and its implications for marketers
- new Call To Action buttons for Facebook pages and how marketers can use them effectively
- what works (and what doesn’t) in today’s social networks
- the push to minimise clickbait (“you won’t believe what these social networks are doing to spoil your fun!”)
At the end of this lesson (and each lesson in this course), we provide easy-to-implement Action Steps and a downloadable checklist of the key takeouts for each lesson.
Lesson Two: Messaging — WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, WeChat
As the mobile phone becomes the dominant communications mechanism, more and more consumers are connecting with each other through one or more specialist messaging applications. Now the top four messaging apps attract more eyeballs than the top four social networking apps. So what are the implications of consumers’ move to what’s become known as “Dark Social”?
In Lesson Two, you’ll learn about:
- The leading messaging contenders
- how many people are using each app
- customer service and messaging: natural partners
- how marketers are already using messaging services to advertise themselves to their audiences
- what chatbots are and how AI just might reinvent messaging and customer service
Each section includes clear, ready-to-implement Action Steps and a Checklist to guide you.
Lesson Three: Live Video with Facebook Live, Periscope, Meerkat, Blab, YouTube
Live video has come from nowhere to represent a major development in social media. In Lesson Three we examine the key providers of live video services and show you how you can determine whether live video will meet your promotional needs.
We also cover:
- Facebook’s new Live Video API (so that more and more devices can send live feeds to Facebook)
- The surprising benefits of using live video within Facebook groups
- what you should and shouldn’t do with live video
- how marketers have already been using live video (examples and inspirations)
- What YouTube is doing in response
- What you need to know about 360 TV and augmented reality
Don’t forget our recommended Action Steps and a step-by-step Checklist to help you master Live Video.
Lesson Four: Pictures: Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Despite the newfound popularity of social video, images continue to be a vital part of the Social Web. In Lesson Four, find out what you need to know about the leading players, including:
- How leading brands are winning with the image-based networks
- how you can make the most of rich pins on Pinterest
- how to use Instagram to its full potential
- smart content strategies across the image-based networks
All this and Action Steps and a comprehensive Checklist too.
Lesson Five: Social Media Advertising
As the social networks limit organic reach — the numbers of your followers who might see your social media posts — organisations have turned to advertising to communicate their messages. In this lesson we examine how to make the most of your advertising options across various social media networks — and how to really take advantage of the enhanced targeting opportunities that social media provides.
We also explore:
- how to take best advantage of Carousel Ads, Lead Ads and other Facebook and Instagram options
- Facebook’s Canvas, full-screen mobile ad experience
- using Calls to Action more effectively
- how leading advertisers are using social media
- using your existing customer and prospect lists to develop custom audiences
Plus Action Steps and your Lesson Five Checklist
Lesson Six: Twitter
Twitter has come under fire recently, with several potential buyers of the struggling social network operator seemingly turning up their noses and declining to bid. Even so, Twitter can still be a powerful marketing medium if you use it correctly.
In Lesson Six, we bring you up to speed with Twitter, including:
· what Twitter no longer includes in its 140-character message limit
· 7 tips for maximizing Twitter as a marketing and engagement tool
· the best brands on Twitter (and why they’re so successful)
· Twitter’s new people tagging and multiple photo sharing options
· Twitter tools that will boost your productivity
· Twitter and video: what you need to know
All enhanced with Action Steps plus an easy-to-follow Checklist
Lesson Seven: LinkedIn
We share the latest developments and strategies for LinkedIn, including:
· the marketing implications of Microsoft’s US$26.2 Billion purchase of LinkedIn
· the importance of LinkedIn social selling
· the three simple secrets of effective LinkedIn prospecting
· what you need to know to close more sales through LinkedIn
· five ways in which you (if you’re not careful) can ruin your LinkedIn profile
· getting the most out of LinkedIn’s sponsored content options
· why your organisation should have LinkedIn guidelines for employees
Plus Action Steps for each section, and your very own Checklist
Lesson Eight: Community Management and Influencer Marketing
Great! You have an enthusiastic following on your chosen social network. But how do you engage effectively with these followers? And how do you reach out to influencers — those who have significant communities of their own?
In Lesson Eight we explore strategies, techniques and best practice, including:
- taking full advantage of Facebook and LinkedIn Groups
- Influencer marketing strategies that work
- the vital importance of customer service through social media
- tips and wisdom from leading community managers
- foibles and failures to avoid
Again, with Action Steps and a Checklist
Lesson Nine: Tools, Tips & Measurement
Finally, we take a look at the latest tools that will help you manage your social media needs effectively.
In Lesson Nine, you’ll learn:
- what you can and should measure as you use social media to market your products and services
- the top tools recommended by leading social media experts
- smart strategies for best engagement with your followers
- new social media trends to watch for
Will these topics rate their Action Steps and Checklist? You bet.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
Every Kiwi marketer, or anyone who is responsible for marketing for their organisation, will benefit – Social Media is now embedded in the fabric of the NZ Internet environment, and if you haven’t mastered Social Media your 2017 marketing options will be severely limited.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN AS A RESULT OF THIS COURSE
After you’ve completed this course, you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement. More importantly, however, you will have learned:
- what works in each of the social media networks (and what doesn’t)
- how leading brands and organisations are achieving success in each medium
- step-by-step guides to new features that can greatly enhance the effectiveness of your efforts
- how to engage effectively with your constituencies and their communities and influencers
- tips and techniques that others are using to achieve better results
- measurement tools to ensure you stay on top of your social media performance
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR COURSES
Here’s a sampling of the feedback we’ve received from those who’ve taken our courses:
- Thanks for an informative and interesting [Facebook Accelerator] course. Your presentation held a good balance of theoretical and practical information and was clear and simple enough for a non IT Facebook novice like me to follow. There are many ideas that I have gained that I will attempt to incorporate in the overall marketing plan my team is currently developing for our brand. Facebook can offer so much more than I thought as a medium for communicating with our current and prospective customers. Julie D
- I found this course fantastic, i started off knowing very little about facebook (just how to run my own personal page) to now having a thorough understanding of ALL the things you can (and there is a lot). The course format was great and allowed knowledge to be built up over time. Course length was great and this will definetly be something i come back to constantly as we develop our facebook pages more within my company. Aleisha H
- I have really enjoyed the course and the way it was structured. It was informative and interesting – liked the way you incorporated slide-shows, video, statistics and different forms of media to provide information. Lisa C
This course begins on Wednesday 02 August, 2017.
This nine-part online training course is available for $597 +GST. However we offer an EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT of $100 +GST — pay just $497+GST for bookings received by the end of Wednesday 26 July, 2017.
Bookings are confirmed on receipt of payment, which can be by bank deposit or credit card. We can raise an invoice in advance if you need it.
To reserve your place in this course, please pay by credit card through PayPal by clicking here.
If you would prefer to pay by bank deposit, or require an invoice, please send an email to [email protected] with your requirements.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
You’ll receive our emailed confirmation of your booking. Then on the first day of the course we’ll follow up with details of your Login and Password, along with an Enrolment Key for the Social Media Marketing Success Essentials online training course.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please email us at [email protected]
REALITY CHECK: 3 QUICK REASONS WHY YOU NEED THIS COURSE
1. Your customers are spending more time on social media than anywhere else online. If you want to reach them, you need to be where they are.
2. Most Kiwi marketers are failing in social media – more than half of the 24,673 Kiwi Facebook pages we follow have less than 400 likes and less than 10% have more than 100 people talking about them. Start getting Social Media right and you’ll immediately start to stand out.
3. Things change fast in Social Media – all the major networks keep developing new features, dropping old ones and competing with each other to grab customer share. If you’re not learning the latest tricks and techniques, you’re falling behind.
PS You really do need to stay up to date with Social Media, it’s now a significant part of every Kiwi marketer’s arsenal. SIGN UP FOR OUR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING ESSENTIALS COURSE TODAY – grab this EARLY BIRD SPECIAL saving you $100! Here’s the signup link via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B9HZ9P972FJNL